Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move. Blending flawless functionality with a spirit of ingenuity, we’re committed to empowering journeys as a lifelong partner to movers and makers in pursuit of their passions. Designed in America, for Global Citizens everywhere. The brand is sold globally in over 75 countries through more than 1,900 points of sale. For more about TUMI, visit www.TUMI.com.
Our standards are exceptional, and we stand by everything we do.
We treat our products, people and clientele with the total dedication they deserve.
When it comes to forward thinking, we are foremost.
We are all Global Citizens and look to contribute to a global community.
Each of us is empowered to create personal and collective progress.
As part of our Retail team, the Store Manager is responsible for creating a client experience that accurately reflects the ethos of our brand while building and maintaining strong client relationships and driving sales through outstanding service.
The ideal candidate is committed to client service, demonstrating a strong understanding of, if not passion for, the luxury, travel, fashion, and lifestyle markets.
The TUMI retail environment encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, offering growth opportunities over time as we work together to increase sales, KPI’s, build client awareness, provide world-class service, and grow the brand.
Performance to Goals:
- Meet and exceed individual and store baseline goals for personal sales and KPI metrics inclusive of conversion, DPT, UPT and Client Data Capture.
Leadership and Initiative:
- Lead by example and have an ability to influence team members to complete job duties effectively.
- Delegate tasks clearly and effectively.
- Develop both short term and long-term strategies.
- Display a strong sense of initiative as well as time management and calendar planning skills.
People Development/Human Resources:
- Training and Developing: Help teach others training content through consistent roleplay and coaching. Demonstrate an openness to new ideas and concepts while quickly learning and applying to the job.
- Coaching and Feedback: Clearly articulate strengths, goals and opportunities. Show critical thinking capabilities and is solution oriented. Utilize company tools to create a 360-degree coaching culture.
- Networking and Recruiting: Actively network on a consistent basis. Ensure that there is viable bench strength for all store positions. Establish a clear succession plan for management team.
Communication and Relationship Building:
- Exercise strong written and verbal skills. Adapt communication skills upwards, laterally and to their team.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct when completing job duties.
- Promote the organization’s goals and adapt flexibly to change.
- Collaborate effectively with peers and corporate partners.
Analysis and Decision Making, Problem Solving and Compliance:
- Operations and Compliance: Manage store schedule, timecards and payroll. Monitor shipments, transfers and price changes for accuracy. Plan, conduct, and organize store for inventory.
- Analysis, Decision Making and Problem Solving: Resolve difficult or complicated challenges while using good judgement, partnering when appropriate. Adhere to and hold team accountable to company policies and procedures. Analyze business results and make strong business acumen decisions on findings. Manage and coordinate the daily operations of the store.
Visual Merchandising and In Store Experience:
- Ensure the store follows the visual guidelines and directives.
- Enforce excellent client services through the emphasis of utilizing client books, thank you cards and executing event strategies. Ensure a consistent superior client experience.
- Understand the TUMI brand and have true passion for the lifestyle, clients, and product assortment
- Value a collaborative environment
- The retail team stands, moves around the store, lifts, pushes boxes that weigh 30 pounds, and uses a ladder to complete job duties.
- Have strong sales and client experience, preferably in the luxury market.
- Can demonstrate proven success in meeting sales goals and achieving KPI’s.
- Have a strong sense of integrity and an ability to lead by example.
- Has strong time management skills.
- Work-life balance
- Career pathing
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Tumi…..Perfecting the Journey
* This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required, and this description may be subject to change. Nothing in this description restricts TUMI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Employees or applicants who believe they need a reasonable or religious accommodation should request one from management or Human Resources. The Company complies with all applicable accommodation requirements.