Join the SMS Team! Now Hiring – Housekeepers at Washington Square Mall
Service Management Systems recruits and employs qualified, talented individuals within the local community who exemplify our core values and commitment to providing outstanding service to our company and customers. We provide full housekeeping and maintenance programs to high-traffic, public-use facilities like shopping malls, arenas, hotels, airports, hospitals and educational institutions.
As the first point of contact and the “boots on the ground”, you will keep interior premises of commercial, retail, airports, hospitality, healthcare, convention centers/arenas or institutional buildings in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
- Cleans facility walkways and entrances
- Cleans service areas around the facility
- Polices parking lot islands, flower and shrub beds
- Operates specialized equipment (scrubbers, blowers, pressure washers)
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment
- Empties waste receptacles and empties and cleans ashtrays
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Wipe down tables, benches trash cans and other related items
- Monitor and maintain restrooms to ensure cleanliness
- Work in accordance with the company’s safety culture which promotes a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application.
- Other duties or tasks may be required which may not have been listed above.
- Prior janitorial or grounds keeping experience is helpful, but not required; we will train the right people!
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with focus customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and work independently.