Sales Associate and Visual Associate
Posted October 3, 2016
The Sales Associate generates sales and cultivates customer loyalty through customer engagement. The sales associate works as a member of a team to build customer relationships displaying such behaviors as: providing product knowledge about fit, style and fabrication, offering style advice and locating product for the customer. Sales Associates are responsible for creating a seamless Brand experience between store and online shopping. Sales Associates are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Leader on Duty or as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Displays a “customer is the priority” mindset at all times.
• Consistently treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
• Promotes customer loyalty by educating customers about our” loyalty” programs.
• Maximizes customer engagement by educating and utilizing all Omni-channels when interacting with customers.
• Meets or exceed Company goals and standards of operation.
• Accountable to store goals and results.
• Upholds all Company policies as outlined in the Policy & Procedure guide, including Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
• Collaborates with store team to develop innovative solutions to business needs.
• Flex between customer or support roles as needed by the business.
• Fosters a safe working and shopping environment.
• Provide customer service throughout the store, including the sales floor, fitting room, and cash wrap.
• Expert in product knowledge.
• Shares customer feedback with leadership team to improve the overall customer experience.
• Offers current style advice and is knowledgeable on trends.
• Utilizes social media and technology to promote an exciting and engaging shopping experience.
• Performs various product placement, replenishment and recovery tasks to maintain a visually appealing, easy shopping experience for our customers.
• Perform cash register functions
• Meets or exceeds Company productivity standards for all operational processes: shipment processing, markdowns, merchandise signage, replenishment and recovery of salesfloor and stockroom.
• Executes Omni-Channel processes to ensure customer needs are met (i.e., SFS, RIS).
• Executes shipment assembly line tasks to Company standard; flexes to all areas of the shipment line as needed.
• Supports execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor-ready standards.
• Assists in executing merchandise flow and product placement.
• Coordinates with leaders and fellow associates for the preparation and placement of merchandise.
• Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell-through.
• Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends according to Merchandise Handling Manual.
• Influences employees to support an operationally efficient and effective process driven environment.
• Reports to a member of the leadership team
• Receives daily direction from store leadership and collaborates effectively across store team
• Ability to model professional behavior, as outlined in the Code of • Business Conduct, at all times
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers and management
• Ability to follow written or verbal instruction
• Ability to utilize retail technology
• Previous customer service or retail experience preferred
• Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
• Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
• Availability and flexibility to meet the store’s scheduling needs
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Required to participant in all store meetings and job specific training
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities.